Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

"Stay At Home Chemist" in Exponent II

The Fall 2010 issue of Exponent II is out! It features a poem I wrote about one of my friends, Carol Dormady, who used to be a research chemist. She did her masters in chemistry and literally measured mercury levels until she found out she was pregnant. As you may know, mercury and babies don't mix well, so Carol left her job only to start a baking business. I've been to her house to watch her make bagels, and I've also purchased her "experiments" at the Farmer's Market.

I love that Carol didn't simply bury herself in motherhood. She actively uses her knowledge of chemistry in the kitchen, helping to supplement her family income and keep her "Carol as woman" self intact and smiling.

You can download the free .pdf version of Exponent II at their website:
http://www.exponentii.org/magazine/current-issue

Happy reading! And writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment